Best Quiet Cordless Horse Clippers (Reviews) 2023
It’s important to keep your horse looking and feeling its best, and a key part of that is to have and use quiet cordless horse clippers that aren't going to scare or spook the horse. We’ve found the five best clippers that are quiet and cordless for you to use on your horse for all of its grooming needs.
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure for further information.
Top 5 Rated Comparison Table
Reviews of the Best Quiet Cordless Horse Clippers
The Wahl Professional Animal Figura Clipper Kit is the best of the best when it comes to quiet cordless horse clippers. It combines lithium-ion battery technology with the cutting-edge performance of Wahl’s adjustable 5-in-1 blade to provide unmatched professional results.
This clipper is lightweight and designed to be ergonomic so that you can groom for the entire 90-minute runtime if need be without the stress of hand fatigue. It comes with everything that you’ll need to properly trim or clip your horse’s fur or hair.
Additionally, the 5-in-1 blade is meant not to ever get hot, which eliminates the need to use coolants and removes the risks of using an overheated blade.
- The powerful motor offers up to 6,000 strokes per minute (SPM)
- Has a quick-charge option for any last-minute touch-ups beyond the 90-minute runtime
- Features a 5-in-1 blade system with adjustable sizes between #9, 10, 15, 30, and 40
- Has a slim, quiet, lightweight design made to fit comfortably in most hands
- Comes with plenty of accessories
Another great Wahl cordless horse clipper is the Arco. It’s capable of full-body clipping, trimming, grooming the facial area, and any touch-ups that need to be done. This clipper is designed for medium-duty work on a variety of pets and other furred or haired animals.
This makes it perfect for grooming horses, as well as any dogs you might have. It has an 80-minute runtime when it’s fully charged, which should give you plenty of time to do all the trimming or clipping that you need to do.
- This clipper is lightweight and ergonomic with a handle that fits comfortably in most hands
- It comes in five bright, attractive colors
- The blade adjusts between sizes #9, 10, 15, 30, and 40 to give you a wide range of cutting lengths
- Has an 80-minute run time and charges in just over an hour
- Comes with plenty of accessories
- This clipper was designed and intended primarily for the US market, using the 120V outlet for charging purposes
This is, admittedly, the only pet clipper on our review that isn’t made by Wahl, which should lend some credence to how fantastic it is. Oster makes great grooming tools for all kinds of animals, horses included.
It’ll cost a bit more than the other models on our list, but it definitely has the quality that makes it worth it. It uses a high-torque design with low motor and blade speeds to keep the clipper cooler for longer operational times. With its lithium-ion battery fully charged, this clipper has a runtime of up to two hours of continuous work.
- When fully charged, the batteries have a runtime of up to two hours, which gives you plenty of time to groom and trim your horse
- Uses a single-speed 2,400 SPM motor to efficiently cut through mats and knots
- It’s compatible with all Oster A5 detachable blades, including wider blades
- The high-torque design along with lower blade speeds allows this clipper to stay cooler for a longer period
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery has a runtime of up to two hours when fully charged
The Creativa cordless clipper from Wahl is ideal for several uses, including trimming bridle paths, ears, and fetlocks. The kit comes with the clipper, 5-in-1 fine blades including sizes #9, 10, 15, 30 and 40, two lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs, the charger and charging stand, plastic guide combs, a cleaning brush, blade oil, and an instruction booklet.
Additionally, you can buy the XXL lithium-ion battery, sold separately, which will give you a full 180-minute runtime when fully charged, but that’s options. We can say for sure that with the regular, included batteries, this clipper if lightweight and comfortable to use.
- The clipper comes in either berry or black coloring
- The clipper is remarkably quiet and has an attractive, ergonomic design
- Offers constant speed control that helps to deliver more power and torque in tough areas
- Great for light body clippings, bridle paths, ears, muzzles, and fetlocks on horses
- Each rechargeable battery has a 75-minute runtime
Our list will end with the Wahl Professional Animal Pro Ion kit. Just because it’s last on our list doesn’t mean it’s not one of the best clippers that you can use for trimming or clipping up your horse.
This clipper comes with a #30-15-10 standard adjustable blade that makes it simple to switch between three different cut lengths while you’re trimming up your horse. Like all of the Wahl clippers, this one comes backed by Wahl’s 30-day satisfaction guarantee as well as a limited one-year warranty.
- This clipper has a maximum runtime of 2 hours
- Great for use for touch-ups to your horse as well as for bridle paths, fetlocks, face, ears, and legs
- Comes with a #30-15-10 standard adjustable blade that makes it easy to switch lengths while clipping
- Has a quick charge feature
- Operates at up to 6,000 SPM
- Quality control issues with the odd order
Cordless Quiet Clippers for Horses Buying Considerations
While corded trimmers tend to be more powerful than the cordless brands we’ve shown you today, they lack the versatility needed to properly groom an animal, especially a horse. Corded trimmers also tend to be louder, which is something you want to avoid when grooming a large, powerful animal like a horse, as they can spook easily.
These are some additional things, along with the silence of the trimmer, that you should look for when buying your horse clippers.
While power is important, there is a balance of power you need to look for to optimize the number of performable strokes per minute without upsetting the balance of vibration and silent operation. The stronger the motor, the higher the chance that it’ll be not only louder but have a more intense vibration.
For the best balance, you should be looking for a motor that has 5,000 to 6,000 strokes per minute. Of course, you can get a stronger motor but only do so if you can handle both the clipper and your horse should it start to scare the animal.
If you’ve ever shaved with any kind of trimmer or razor, you’re well aware that the quality of the blade will affect the quality of the shave and cut. As a result, it’s safe to say that one of the very last things you ever want to compromise is the quality of the blade that you use on your horse.
Cheaply-made blades with edges that dull quickly will increase the chances of you injuring your animal or yourself while trimming its fur or hair. For this reason, it’s better to find and purchase blades that are high-quality and are designed to quickly glide through coats with speed and efficiency.
Ideally, when you buy your trimmer it will come with sharp precision blades that are built to be long-lasting.
Power Supply and Battery Type
The power supply is another important component of your horse slipper that you should take note of before purchasing it. You want to make sure, especially in cordless models, that your battery will last for the duration of however long it takes you to trim up your horse, preferably with some extra time leftover just in case.
High-quality lithium-ion batteries are some of the best batteries that you can use for a cordless horse clipper. You can also go with Ni-Cad batteries, which also have great reviews for clipper use. Whatever you decide on, make sure that it’s compatible with your chosen clipper by looking at the manufacturer’s specifications.
The Final Word
When looking for the best quiet cordless horse clippers, you can’t go wrong with any of the choices on our list. But if you still want to look around, you can use our buying guide to help point you in the right direction to find the right clippers for you and your horse.